MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How would you do this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you had two separate websites and one is running a discussion board, well then you decide the second website needs one.

Would you?
1) Create a new forum on the new sites server..
.. or ..
2) Just create a new categories on website 1's discussion board and just link to them?

** Just collecting opinions **
If they are unrelated, option 1. If they are related, option 2.
Like Wicked Flea says, it depends on if they're related. Smile
i'd back one by the power of the other vice versa.. so share them
I'd probably do 2 separate installs....depending like said above if they are related or not. If you would just do it through categories...you'd still have the search go through entire forum, userlists for the entire forum etc....
I'd suggest seperate installs but modify it so the user base is shared.
Tikitiki Wrote:I'd suggest seperate installs but modify it so the user base is shared.
How would you go about doing that on separate servers, and also is that even legal considering you are effectively signing the users up on a second forum (even though your not).
MrDoom Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:I'd suggest seperate installs but modify it so the user base is shared.
How would you go about doing that on separate servers, and also is that even legal considering you are effectively signing the users up on a second forum (even though your not).
Don't know how it is done, but as long as you modify the registration agreement it will be fine.
Well, I've never done it before, but it's not illegal. You simply sharing one forum with another. The information is the same and your not creating a new account with their information Wink Sharing is not copyright in anyway Toungue
Data Protection?
Pages: 1 2