MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Easier Plugin Installs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What about the Wordpress way of doing it? I think they rely on the community to verify plugins (and plugins working with the currently used version). The system works quite well because you can see if a plugin is working and what other users said about it quite fast.
(2015-08-21, 11:25 AM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]What about the Wordpress way of doing it? I think they rely on the community to verify plugins (and plugins working with the currently used version). The system works quite well because you can see if a plugin is working and what other users said about it quite fast.

Yeah, the WP approach seems to worth pretty well. MyBB doesn't have quite as big a community, but it could still work.
I definitely have thought before about suggesting something just like WordPressms way(I didn't know that WP specifically worked the way I was thinking, but had the same idea). As soon as someone reports a plugin, the offending plugin can be queued for manual review by a site maintainer. I do think we should go with the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" with Extend-like things, instead of the reverse.
A plugin reporting function from the MyBB ACP for plugins hosted at Mybb.com would be nice because people might forget reporting it otherwise.
Pages: 1 2