MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Responsive themes advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

I'm looking for an easily customizable and responsive theme. I know there are some artists here and I really don't want to pass for the PITA of editing all templates for a one-use non-distributable theme if anyone already did it Toungue

As my website is expected to have more features besides the forum, I'm looking for advice on which themes work nicely in order to keep the same same styling on other website pages. Should I go for a bootstrap theme? are there any themes using lighter css frameworks out there?

Any proposal/recommendation is highly welcomed!
It depends what you want. Bootstrap themes have often changed a LOT of the templates and unless you know your way around html and css adding plugins is going to be a pain.

A lot of responsive themes keep the table layout and just do a hide on resize. Those are the easiest to edit for a newbie. They often are only responsive on the primary pages (index, forumdisplay, showthread) and the classic postbit in most cases is switched off.

I have some themes I did, they are sold, but I can make more (at a cost)

Examples:

www.artofwargaming.net
www.shavenook.com
www.testfish.leefish.nl
(2015-08-18, 10:15 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]It depends what you want. Bootstrap themes have often changed a LOT of the templates and unless you know your way around html and css adding plugins is going to be a pain.

A lot of responsive themes keep the table layout and just do a hide on resize. Those are the easiest to edit for a newbie. They often are only responsive on the primary pages (index, forumdisplay, showthread) and the classic postbit in most cases is switched off.

I have some themes I did, they are sold, but I can make more (at a cost)

Examples:

www.artofwargaming.net
www.shavenook.com
www.testfish.leefish.nl

I am really digging what you have done with shavenook.com. Do you have a generic version of the theme available?

Thank you!