MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DrPoodle.com Relaunch...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently rewrote all the code for the "homepages" or my site, getting rid of its table based layout and replacing it with CSS. Then I decided to get rid of the default theme of my forum and style it in the same way as the rest of the site.

After a few hours of editing the theme and template in the Admin CP of MyBB, I finally got it working Toungue

http://www.drpoodle.com

Anyway, I know I've posted this section before, but DrPoodle.com has gone under a huge change from my "personal website" to a "community based discussion site". The forum is obviously the main focus, and although it has almost 40k posts, we have few members! *hint hint* Toungue

I have recently coded a new section of the site called "DrPoodle.com Reviews" which allows members of the forum to review things like Games, Books, Movies etc. This section is still in development, but all the basic features (adding reviews etc) work! In the future you will be able to comment on reviews, and rate the "reviewer" and the review yourself.

Anyway, I'd appreciate comments / suggestions about the site Toungue

-DrPoodle

P.S. On a related note, in Internet Explorer the right "margin" of the main pages is 12px but the left is 10px (like it should be). Both margins are 10px in Firefox and Opera, so if anyone knows how i can solve this in CSS I'd be very grateful.
Nice and sleek colouring. I like it. Smile
Dale Hay Wrote:Nice and sleek colouring. I like it. Smile
Thanks! It's a real improvement on my site design 2 years ago Toungue
agreed, the colour scheme fits in well with the rest of the site.. have you thought about perhaps having a go at editing the main buttons as well? Ie New Thread, reply buttons etc? Just to give it even more of a unique feel Smile
piXelatedEmpire Wrote:agreed, the colour scheme fits in well with the rest of the site.. have you thought about perhaps having a go at editing the main buttons as well? Ie New Thread, reply buttons etc? Just to give it even more of a unique feel Smile
Yeah, but they will take more time to complete. I'll get them up when they are all done Toungue
Great job. It's very easy on the eyes and has a straight-forward layout.
Looks great
The locked icon is just freakish 0.o
CraKteR Wrote:The locked icon is just freakish 0.o
LOL...evil devil poodle!