MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help with Rush theme.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am still working at fixing things after upgrading to 1.8.5. 

I have custom images for user ranks. For example images/ranks/admins.gif
I can see that rank image in my profile, but it is not showing on the information with each poster on the actual forum? Is there a way to do this?

My prior theme had a forum image that matched my wesbite, with urls below it to my main website sections. How do I make the banner/header container big enough in Rush to contain that, as well as how to include those links in this theme. Is it a matter of resizing the image itself, which is I think 754x70>

Thank you for your time.
Please provide a link and test account to your forum, so we can help you better.

-Arne.
(2015-08-18, 08:14 PM)ArneVD Wrote: [ -> ]Please provide a link and test account to your forum, so we can help you better.

-Arne.

<Removed link >  I don't know what you mean by a test acct, I am embarrassed to say.

The dropdown View new Content ; and View Today's Posts are both throwing 404 errors. I know there are at least 2 posts since I reopened the forum a few hours ago.

The thread option  "View a printable version" is also not working--404 error
IN the dropdown list for my user name where you can edit profile, change avatar, change signature, sub threads etc , I am getting all error for all the listed options now.
 Not Found [CFN #0005]

Plus when I log in--if I have logged out, it's showing the old theme, although it's not complete because of the upgrade. SO am thinking maybe guests see that instead of the new theme.
A test account is where you create a test account and post the user name and password so people here can use it to login and test.

It should NOT BE AN ADMIN or MODERATOR account. Just a basic member account.
board url base ({$mybb->settings['bburl']}) was missing for many links (its a bug in coding the theme). I've tried to fix them
(2015-08-20, 06:31 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]A test account is where you create a test account and post the user name and password so people here can use it to login and test.

It should NOT BE AN ADMIN or MODERATOR account. Just a basic member account.

Thank you. Sorry I didn't understand.

mybbstaff  

And am so thankful you "is Not confused"
(2015-08-20, 06:51 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]board url base ({$mybb->settings['bburl']}) was missing for many links (its a bug in coding the theme). I've tried to fix them

I could almost hug you for that. Thank you. Huge difference. The dropdown menu from my name is now working to all tasks. Or at least appears to be.

I should mention, that the images/ranks/ issue  not appearing in user posts, there are 10 ranks and they in essence replace the stars with the custom gif.  It's under user titles.

I am trying to use the Extras dropdown above the logo as a possible place to insert my website links. I changed the name from Extras to my website name and added the url for the index page, and it comes up as an error. I used the www .html format.
Not Found [CFN #0005]

Is it not possible to add the links there? Or am I not coding them correctly?

I was checking various functions and discovered that a person cannot change their avatar via the forum available ones. All avatars have been previously available through the file  uploads/avatars/
They were specifically made for the forum, unless a person got approval for a personal one. There does not seem to be any way to access or obtain the avatar menu of images to pick from. It merely shows being able to access from one's own computer or something off the net.

Is there a way to change the options so the forum specific avatars are available?

Thank you.

It seemed like it was working better, but when I logged out tonight it took me back to the old theme. When I relogged in, it took me to the new theme, so logged out again and back to old theme. Confused
Never mind. Quitting using rush theme  . Thanks