MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: i cant solve my e-mail problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my forum does not send mails on registration. funny but it can send mass mails but not normal mails.the mass mails come to junk box. send email verification and send random password, both of them cant sent mails. i tried every way. i followed all old posts about this problem. i changed my host nothing changed. i called my new host and they said that there is support for php mail. i asked how i can prove this, they sent a code wich i ran on my browser and the code really sent a message.

<?php
$to = "[email protected]";
$subject = "Test mail";
$message = "TestTest.";
$from = "[email protected]";
$headers = "From: $from";
mail($to,$subject,$message,$headers);
echo "Mail Sent.";
?>

i get this message after trying to register : ""Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address in ***\inc\functions.php on line 370"" and i dont get any mail. i use mybb 1.2.3. i istalled it 4 times. my host uses windows servers.

what else can i do to get it work ??? it would be very nice when somebody could help.
Their SMTP server is improperly configured by the looks of it.
Tikitiki Wrote:Their SMTP server is improperly configured by the looks of it.

Thank you very much for your reply Tikitiki. I think you are right. But how exactly should they configure it? Could you please help me one more step out. I have attached my host's php info file as pdf. perhaps
(i hope) it  can help more.

(and if you see the problem in the php info pdf may you tell me where exaxtly you saw it. I have to remove the attatchment after i solved the problem but i will edit this post so that other people can make use of it. I will just add the problem part you tell me)

Thanks right now for all incomig help.
You should not upload your php info as it can contain potentially risky information. As for your SMTP, the details of it are not listed in the php info. You need to contact your host about the problems with their SMTP server.
Admin CP --> Settings --> General Configuration

Can you try setting "Admin Email" to "[email protected]"
DennisTT Wrote:Admin CP --> Settings --> General Configuration

Can you try setting "Admin Email" to "[email protected]"

first thanx for your repley denistt. i tried it before and tried again after you said it but i got the same message """"Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address in www\forum\inc\functions.php on line 370""""

i have sent a mail to my host like tikitiki said. (but my host mailed me before. they said that they examined my logs and that there wasnt any problems on their configiurations. they said that it should work) i am waiting the answer than ill share it.

thx again to all who trying to help
the problem is gone.bad news i forgot to backup good news it works Wink. the forum sends mails now. i installed the forum again it works now Smile .
thanx everyone who was trying to help.