MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: track redirects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have searched and can't find the thread that initially told me how to do this. It isn't a plugin, so it must have been a core file change that was written over during the last upgrade. Someone had requested a mod so they could keep track of all redirects when a member clicked on a forwarding link. Now it shows "Redirected hits: 0" no matter how many times the link is hit...so I figure that some but not all of the core changes were erased. Does anyone remember this? Know where the initial thread is and can give me the link? Or if you're the author of the mod, can you refresh my memory?

Toungue Thanks! I would appreciate it. Looks bad to have that 0 sitting there! Used to be almost 500!
This really has me stumped, guys! Can't any of you gurus help? I have searched the templates and the language files but cannot find where it is pulling this from! I must be missing the obvious here, so PLEASE help. I'm begging! Big Grin
Can you post the link to your forum? Smile
Sorry, but I don't make that public, but I know that someone here came up with this...I just can't remember who did! Or someone else used it and can remember what was done! Guess my memory isn't as good as it used to be! LOL

Though if anyone is interested in helping, I will be happy to supply my url in a PM!
Well this is kind of a long shot but if you view the Page Source of your index where it says "Redirected hits:" can you see where it says

<!-- start: template name here -->

In the Page Source try and find the bit where it says "Redirected hits" and look for the template around that bit.

It should give you an idea of what template the redirected hits bit of text is in.

Sorry if this doesn't help Toungue

EDIT: wait is this the thread?

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=13514
Yeah, I tried that, but there is nothing in that template! I have done a search for the word Redirect in the templates, and even did the "find updated" option in ACP. Nothing has been edited in the templates for this! Which is why I'm so stumped. I've been doing this long enough to usually be able to find what I'm looking for! It's like it's a ghost! LOL
I updated my post with a link to a possible thread that might help;

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=13514

Smile
OMG! I could just kiss you! That's it! I couldn't find that for the life of me! I appreciate your help! Thank you thank you thank you! Big Grin
Toungue No problem!

Glad I could help Big Grin
It's working again! Phew! At least this time, I'll make sure to keep track of this modification for any future upgrades! I thought I had written them all down, but I guess I forgot about this one! Won't make that mistake twice!

Thanks again! It was such an easy fix, too! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2