MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users Unable To Login To Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my issue is a bit complicated and thus requires a little bit of background. I'll try to make this concise. I recently installed MyBB 1.8.5 and after setting it up on the hosting company's server, I registered a domain with a different company. I then made the necessary DNS changes to be able to use the domain. 

The site is intended to be small and lightly used so I do not currently have plans to make a home page as I don't have the knowledge nor experience to do so properly. Instead, I want the bare domain (website.com) to lead straight to the forums. I then made the necessary changes on the hosting company's domains page and on the Site Details admin section of MyBB.

The problem that arises from setting website.com to lead to the forums is that when a user logs in, they receive confirmation of a successful login but are then taken back to the main page but have not been logged in.

Does anybody know of any changes that I could make to resolve this issue other than going back to using website.com/forums? Is there another method that I could use to make the forums the home page for website.com?
Did you also make the changes to cookie settings. Both in settings.php and the admin cp?
Some helpful info http://community.mybb.com/thread-126359.html
(2015-08-19, 03:34 AM)rgmm Wrote: [ -> ]Did you also make the changes to cookie settings. Both in settings.php and the admin cp?
Some helpful info http://community.mybb.com/thread-126359.html

Wow, I can't believe that I didn't think of that after a few hours of trying to get it to work properly. I really appreciate your help man Big Grin , you just made my day.

To anybody who may end up with a similar problem in the future, I went to admin panel and under Site Details I changed the cookie domain to .mydomain.com and the cookie path I simply set to /