MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading from 1.8.3 to 1.8.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I recently attempted to upgrade my MyBB forum (found here) from 1.8.3 to 1.8.5. I went to the blog post to download the complete file package and when I ran the update script it was telling me that I was upgrading to 1.8.3 instead of 1.8.5... Weird. So I kept on going thinking that maybe it was supposed to be that way. At the end of the upgrade I encountered an error (my laptop ran out of battery right then so I did not have time to write down the error details.). The forum continued to display correctly and everything seemed to work fine.

But now we're having issues with creating forums that are private or have permissions only for a select group of forum members. I create the forum, set full permissions to administrators and remove all permissions from every other usergroup. Everyone can still see the forum and post in it as if the permissions I selected were not put into effect.

Can I please get some help with this?  Big Grin Thank you!

I just realized I mistakenly posted this in the wrong forum. If someone would be so kind to move this to the Upgrade Support forum, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thank you.

Thank you to whoever moved this topic! Smile
Update: this is also now happening with my other MyBB forum that I have hosted. I have not tried to update or do anything to this forum. For some reason newly created forums, after we set the permissions in the ACP, the forum does not apply them at all. Both forums are running in 1.8.3.

http://www.empireofthealexandrians.org/community

It looks like new private forums can be seen by guests and other people. Not sure what is happening now. Can someone please help?