MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin and Theme Uploader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can you guys please make it to where admins only have to upload a XML file or rather an entire .zip file through the ACP interface, and have it installed? Sure uploading pretty much everything through the cPanel works now but it's quite annoying having to go back and forth, uploading everything. There was a plugin for it in 1.6 and it made things so much easier.
This will not work for external plugin authors I guess. Composer might be an option though?
(2015-08-21, 11:22 AM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]This will not work for external plugin authors I guess. Composer might be an option though?

How exactly will this not work? It's something most softwares have, not including just forums. Wordpress for example has it, and again MyBB 1.6 had a plugin for it which worked fine, so I am curious as to see how it could not possibly work.
(2015-08-21, 11:22 AM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]This will not work for external plugin authors I guess. Composer might be an option though?

Composer is indeed the system we're looking to use, with a manual upload fallback. Composer has the ability to specify the type of a project, with existing frameworks (such as CakePHP) having custom types (eg: cakeplugin). This would pretty much automate the installation and download.
(2015-08-22, 12:27 AM)SolarCrane Wrote: [ -> ]

How exactly will this not work? It's something most softwares have, not including just forums. Wordpress for example has it, and again MyBB 1.6 had a plugin for it which worked fine, so I am curious as to see how it could not possibly work.

Because I'll not allow any random XML to download plugin files from MybbAddons Toungue
No seriously - plugins are often more than one plugin files, they might come with images, files for the root directory and so on. A single XML will not fit all requirements.

(2015-08-22, 07:20 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]

Composer is indeed the system we're looking to use, with a manual upload fallback. Composer has the ability to specify the type of a project, with existing frameworks (such as CakePHP) having custom types (eg: cakeplugin). This would pretty much automate the installation and download.

That'd be a nice solution. I like composer although I never run it on production servers. The manual upload fallback should definately be kept!