MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Data too long for column 'cache' at row 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I've installed XCache to my server when moving the database to a separate server. I've come across an issue though; every time MyBB tries to update or rebuild the cache, it gives the following error:

SQL Error:
1406 - Data too long for column 'cache' at row 1
Query:
REPLACE INTO mybb_datacache SET `title`='forumpermissions',`cache`=

Did I miss anything while changing the cache? (I've only changed the cache setting in config.php)
MyBB comes with a preinstalled cache system (directory/cache/), so I do not think you can use a second cache software...

Try uninstalling XCache and check of it works.

-Arne.
(2015-08-20, 06:33 PM)ArneVD Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB comes with a preinstalled cache system (directory/cache/), so I do not think you can use a second cache software...

Try uninstalling XCache and check of it works.

-Arne.

MyBB's perinstalled cache system comes with an xcache extension. You can find this at /inc/cachehandlers/xcache.php

And is enabled by changing
$config['cache_store'] = 'db';
in /inc/config.php to
$config['cache_store'] = 'xcache';

The issue is not the presence of a second cache mechanism as it's a supported plugin cache for mybb. However I don't see why it gives an SQL error in the first place.

So what I've found is, using xcache still saves the cache data into the database, however my forum became too big so it ran out of MEDIUMTEXT. setting the cache field to LONGTEXT solved the issue.