MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Liking content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It'll be possible from the user's profile, and probably the Mod CP.
(2015-09-16, 03:57 AM)mikeh Wrote: [ -> ]I know it's not likely at all, but I wish 2.0 had a dislike button in its core too. The rep system is unique(?) to MyBB and not any(?) other forum softwares come with a positive AND negative rep/like system.

(?) = Unconfirmed

vb had negative rep but not dislike
(2015-09-16, 11:50 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Reputation assigned to a single post will be upgraded into likes during the upgrade process, so you shouldn't lose any data if the plugin works as it should.

I would assume that data converted during this process will not be deleted. This meaning administrators can still convert the same data to a new REP system if that is what they want.
(2015-09-17, 01:06 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-16, 11:50 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Reputation assigned to a single post will be upgraded into likes during the upgrade process, so you shouldn't lose any data if the plugin works as it should.

I would assume that data converted during this process will not be deleted. This meaning administrators can still convert the same data to a new REP system if that is what they want.

We always recommend backups before upgrades anyway.
I assume there will be a way to relate old 1.8 MyBB PID/UID keys to the new 2.0 PID/UID ones (if they change at all) after the move is done? I'm not up to date to how everything is planned to work so I'm actually a little concerned myself.
The IDs will be carried over and will be the same so that we can easily keep old links from 1.x working Smile
That may be an option, but we're not quite at the stage of writing the upgrade system yet Smile
One thing I really think should me messy is the reputation system thought many likes the feature In my personal experience I have never used it , Like system is more neat, more user friendly

And Believe me everyone love neat and clean features !
Cool. I like the list who liked it Smile Great work!
(2015-10-21, 08:18 PM)Michael Z. Wrote: [ -> ]Cool. I like the list who liked it Smile Great work!
I liked it as hard!

Awesome! Can't wait for 2.0 Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4