MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permission Bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I believe MyBB has a forum permission problem when it comes to Primary User Group & Secondary User Groups.

Example:
If I set up a forum that only allows management and administrators to be able to view and use the forum. They are allow to if there primary user group is set to management and admins. However if I also select other groups from the Secondary User Groups list, those management and administrators who selected for example support and support can't see the forum.
I believe that because you selected either admin or management for primary, you should be able to see those forums too.
I am not sure if my Additional Groups Images plugin has anything to do with this matter. But i don't believe it is the case.
Oh lol you have come across one of most argued question about MyBB system.

In MyBB a YES permission overrides a NO permission.
then how come i got this error then?
Permissions have been weird lately, I don't know if it's a bug or if it's intended to be that way.
I have been facing the same problem. I want to make a private forum for a group of friends on my main forum but the ineffectiveness of the secondary group option is creating hurdles.

Quote:In MyBB a YES permission overrides a NO permission.

???
Hello? Anyone?