MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private Conversations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2018-04-02, 08:57 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-02, 08:49 AM)@abdurhman@ Wrote: [ -> ]When will the version be released ...?

"When it is ready™"

I know that when you are ready you will be released.
But there is no specific time or time period.
For example: one, two, or three months.
or
Put a copy for developers. To be tested and the problems and deficiencies with the development and support team
There are lots to do with 2.0 yet. Nobody can forecast a date as all the developers are voluntary. They put efforts only on their spare available times just because they love MyBB.
You can keep an eye on MyBB 2 Repository and assume yourself about its final release.
Also worth noting that we are currently focused on 1.9 and future incremental versions such as 1.10 which take the approach of smaller releases improving upon the 1.x code rather than a full rewrite.
I hope there is a "Anti-Spam"-System for that feature. I can already imagine spambots creating conversations with everyone and sending Chairadvertisement to everyone. Propably something like "User XYZ invited you to a conversation, do you accept?".

Great work until now! I am waiting patiently for release, as i will completely re-install my current forum. Smile
(2018-08-06, 12:31 PM)Towerplease Wrote: [ -> ]I hope there is any "Anti-Spam"-System for that feature. I can already imagine spambots creating conversations with everyone and sending Chairadvertisement to everyone. Propably something like "User XYZ invited you to a conversation, do you accept?".

Great work until now! I am waiting patiently for release, as i will completely re-install my current forum. Smile

You might want to read up on the latest regarding MyBB 2.0.xx HERE.
(2018-08-06, 12:31 PM)Towerplease Wrote: [ -> ]I hope there is any "Anti-Spam"-System for that feature.

MyBB already has one.

You can remove the "private messages" permission from your registered group. Then add a new "trusted members" group that includes this permission.

Then set up an automatic group promotion rule, for example with the condition that they have written X public posts in the forum and been registered for Y days.

That way no one can just register and start spamming in private. It's a privilege for members who actually actively participate in the forum by posting. And if those posts turn out to be spam, they will be moderated.
(2018-08-06, 03:13 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-06, 12:31 PM)Towerplease Wrote: [ -> ]I hope there is any "Anti-Spam"-System for that feature.

MyBB already has one.

You can remove the "private messages" permission from your registered group. Then add a new "trusted members" group that includes this permission.

Then set up an automatic group promotion rule, for example with the condition that they have written X public posts in the forum and been registered for Y days.

That way no one can just register and start spamming in private. It's a privilege for members who actually actively participate in the forum by posting. And if those posts turn out to be spam, they will be moderated.

Nice, didnt knew that. Thank you! Smile
I also recommend adding a flood control pretty high and enter a minimum character count so they can't say post 100 posts which is your requirement with in 10 minutes. They need to actually have something constructive to say.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5