MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Profile Field Enhancements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yes, it's another case of "when it's ready"™ a usual.
finally thank you
When 2.0 release is come?
(2016-05-29, 08:21 AM)IceEyes Wrote: [ -> ]When 2.0 release is come?

2 posts before yours:

"Yes, it's another case of "when it's ready"™ a usual."

http://community.mybb.com/thread-175664-...pid1212742
Euan T,
it's look awesome!!
It looks pretty good to me. Very nicely done, Euan T.
Would a pre-programmed list of options/regex(s) be asking too much? A lot of people struggle with that sort of thing.

Example: Only allow numeric characters; Only allow alphabetical characters; etc...
(2016-10-24, 02:36 AM)Wage Wrote: [ -> ]Would a pre-programmed list of options/regex(s) be asking too much? A lot of people struggle with that sort of thing.

Example: Only allow numeric characters; Only allow alphabetical characters; etc...

Numeric characters and emails will be handled by HTML5 input types (there will be a choice of numeric inputs, email inputs, and others) which will go some way to handling this (and fields using these input types will use PHP's filter_var rather than regex as it's more reliable in most cases).

I can imagine there being a community resource of useful regular expressions for fields. Baking it into the software could be too high maintenance, but the docs are now fully editable by the community via GitHub, so a community led approach may be the best option IMO.
(2016-10-29, 06:56 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-24, 02:36 AM)Wage Wrote: [ -> ]Would a pre-programmed list of options/regex(s) be asking too much? A lot of people struggle with that sort of thing.

Numeric characters and emails will be handled by HTML5 input types (there will be a choice of numeric inputs, email inputs, and others) which will go some way to handling this (and fields using these input types will use PHP's filter_var rather than regex as it's more reliable in most cases).

I can imagine there being a community resource of useful regular expressions for fields. Baking it into the software could be too high maintenance, but the docs are now fully editable by the community via GitHub, so a community led approach may be the best option IMO.

Sounds like a great improvement, that should definitely do the trick.
This looks GREAT...exactly what I want for my USRs.

BUUUuuut 2.0 is dead in the water.  Confused As a NEWB about to start w/ MyBB, how can I best set up custom profile fields?  

1. Outsource base code change or 
  2. is this a theme option? or
  3. plugin? (I doubt this)

Huge benefit in allowing members to search for other members by custom profile fields, obviously preset dropdown entries keep em grouped & searchable.
Pages: 1 2 3