MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Collapsing single posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB 2.0 has now picked up the ability to be able to collapse posts out of view. In the future, we will be adding the option to automatically collapse posts created by certain users (as an enhancement upon the current user ignore system found in MyBB 1.x). This allows users to automatically hide content from other users that they find distracting but optionally expand them if they wish to.

Each post can be collapsed and expanded using a simple toggle switch found at the top right of every post. Users who use Reddit may find this feature rather familiar.

[Image: screen-shot-2015-08-16-at-19-54-43.png]

[Image: screen-shot-2015-08-16-at-19-54-53.png]
I think the avatars should be hidden too. Sometimes spammers will put up disgusting shock images as avatars.
(2015-09-16, 04:00 AM)mikeh Wrote: [ -> ]I think the avatars should be hidden too. Sometimes spammers will put up disgusting shock images as avatars.

I'm not sure I've come across any spammers that actually took the time to upload a shock image. If you're talking Reddit, well that explains everything. For every legitimate reddit user/member, there seems to be about 5 (at the very least) immature morons infesting the community over there desperate for attention and 15 minutes of internet fame. Kind of like Imgur and 9Gag.

I don't think hiding the avatars are necessary. If you're a staff member, it should be a matter of removing the user's avatar in the Mod CP (at the very basic of staff privileges) if it violates the board's rules. It would be great if MyBB added a "suspend avatar" feature for staff usergroups to use on a per user basis, just like the signature.
(2015-09-16, 05:41 AM)Vashnik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-16, 04:00 AM)mikeh Wrote: [ -> ]I think the avatars should be hidden too. Sometimes spammers will put up disgusting shock images as avatars.

I'm not sure I've come across any spammers that actually took the time to upload a shock image. If you're talking Reddit, well that explains everything. For every legitimate reddit user/member, there seems to be about 5 (at the very least) immature morons infesting the community over there desperate for attention and 15 minutes of internet fame. Kind of like Imgur and 9Gag.

I don't think hiding the avatars are necessary. If you're a staff member, it should be a matter of removing the user's avatar in the Mod CP (at the very basic of staff privileges) if it violates the board's rules. It would be great if MyBB added a "suspend avatar" feature for staff usergroups to use on a per user basis, just like the signature.
No I wasn't referencing reddit or any other site because I don't know anything about them. I just think hiding the avatar would be a nice enhancement. I know it's not likely.