MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing font size(s) within the template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2015-08-23, 04:07 PM)Swede Wrote: [ -> ]I must be missing something fundamental here. {sigh} 

Yes, you must not look for folders or files. You must login as admin (which is called AdminCP - admin control panel).

Then you must choose the tab "Templates & Styles";

Then you choose your theme from the list;

Then you get a list of .css files, from which you choose global.css

In the sreen that appears then you choose the tab "Edit Stylesheet: Advanced Mode"

Then you enter the editor with which you can edit the css defenitions.
(2015-08-23, 04:15 PM)Yes, you must not look for folders or files. You must login as admin (which is called AdminCP - admin control panel). Wrote: [ -> ]Okay. Logged in as Admin. Went to Mod CP

Then you must choose the tab "Templates & Styles";
The only tabs I see are: 
  • Portal  Search  Member List  Calendar
User CP   Mod CP    Open Buddy List ....  

Don't see that tab anywhere.

Thx your patience. Sorry to be so dumb (a lifelong affliction I'm afraid.)
Swede
(2015-08-23, 04:46 PM)Swede Wrote: [ -> ]The only tabs I see are: 
  • Portal  Search  Member List  Calendar
User CP   Mod CP    Open Buddy List ....  

Then you are not logged in as admin!!

url_of_your_board/admin
If you have access to the files, you're probably an admin... are you logged into another account or something?
(2015-08-23, 05:57 PM)Cookie123 Wrote: [ -> ]If you have access to the files, you're probably an admin... are you logged into another account or something?

If he is logged in as a admin, he would see:

User CP   Mod CP   Admin CP Open Buddy List ....

With the list he shows, he is logged in as a moderator.
(2015-08-23, 05:51 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]url_of_your_board/admin
http://www.swedesdock.com/Forum/admin = 404
http://www.swedesdock.com/Forum/admin/index.php = 404

Hmmmm... Membership list shows me as Admin. Hmmmm...

Oh, I remember now, Somewhere I read the Admin folder should be renamed in the interests of security so I did ... Getting WAY ahead of myself. Renamed the folder back to admin and now I'm in. {embarrassed Kramer style grin}

Thx your patience guys.

Swede

Thanks guys. Edited global.css and increased font sizes 50%

Before:
[Image: mybb01.jpg]
After
[Image: mybb02.jpg]

Now old eyes can rest easy. {grin}

Have to learn how to design a template/theme I guess. Lotta work to change font size this way {laughing}

Thanks again, all.

Swede
It's not a folder , its on your mybb administration control panel (not your hosting cp) youll see several titles at the top like settings , users , posts etc .....one is themes and templates click this and scroll down at the top of that page is a link called global.css this is css that's applied to all pages click it and go to the advanced editor and look for the section you want to edit the css of.
(2015-08-23, 09:42 PM)thereefforum Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a folder , its on your mybb administration  control panel (not your hosting cp) youll see several titles at the top like settings , users , posts etc .....one is themes and templates click this and scroll down at the top of that page is a link called global.css this is css that's applied to all pages click it and go to the advanced editor and look for the section you want to edit the css of.

Thanks, got it fixed (see above). We must of cross posted somehow.

Swede
Pages: 1 2