MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changed host and server load is high
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I recently switched to a new host, the new host transferred all the files from my old host to the new one. And everything works perfectly. But few problem started after the transfer.

1) Server load is too high (15 to 30)
2) Google SEO 1.6.8 started acting weird

Kindly help me in fixing this issue. The plugins i have installed are 1) Google SEO 1.6.8 , 2) Xthreads, 3) Thank You like system, BAM announcement.

My old host had a server load of 2-5 max Sad
IIRC, basically Google SEO plugin needs to be re-installed !

deactivate & uninstall Google SEO plugin, rename .htaccess file ; wait for a while and then check server load

install & activate Google SEO plugin, revert .htaccess file ; wait for a while and again check server load

you should be able to analyze both the results & decide whether to continue using the plugin ..
.m. i think the problem is not with SEO, anyway i will try your suggestions, because today i disabled all my plugins for 30 minutes and checked. The problem still persisted. My old host had no issues.
Server load can be caused by many users being placed upon a shared server by a hosting company. If the high server load is a problem and is causing slow downs for your site, you should contact the host and see if they can work out what the problem is. If that doesn't help, it may be an idea to look at alternative hosts. Either way, the problem likely isn't caused by your forum (and almost certainly not by your plugins).
(2015-08-22, 03:13 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Server load can be caused by many users being placed upon a shared server by a hosting company. If the high server load is a problem and is causing slow downs for your site, you should contact the host and see if they can work out what the problem is. If that doesn't help, it may be an idea to look at alternative hosts. Either way, the problem likely isn't caused by your forum (and almost certainly not by your plugins).

Thanks Euan for the suggestions, but i moved into the new host 15 days ago. The speed of the website and everything other thing is very fast. Only concern is the server load.

I contacted the host and they said there is not issue with the server and there is few spikes from my site.

One thing i need to clarify, should PHP version be higher that 5.3, because my host uses 5.3 and MyBB recommends 5.5
Hi,

MyBB will work on any version from PHP 5.2 to the current 5.6. We generally recommend using the latest version that's available to you as later versions tend to have performance enhancements and bug fixes.
I have upgraded the version and i didn't find any change Sad sad i choose a bad hosting. Any logs if i shared will help you identify the issue Sad

Details:

Generated in 85 ms (84.35% PHP / 15.65% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 16 / Server Load: 23.41 / Memory Usage: 6.25 MB

[attachment=34899]

[attachment=34904]
Any more insights on this issue, i have attached few screenshots.
Your forum seems to be running at a good speed. The issue you have can be resolved if you upgrade your hosting package. I would suggest moving the forums over to a VPS (Virtual Private Server) opposed to Shared Hosting.
But my site is not getting big hits and the forum is just growing up. Do you think i should move to VPS now itself?
Pages: 1 2