MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Staff. is is legal to translate Powered By
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Working on my Norwegian Language pack, and changing it to fit 1.8.5 (was made for 1.8)

But is it legal to translate "Powered By" and "MyBB Enigne" to own language?
(reason, perhaps less spam???)

PS, was a heck to get a language pack  submitted here, first there where one file to much in the pack, then the .zip folder started with "/norwegain" forlder and norwegian.php,,,, should be in a /language/ folder..... guess the staff did use more time to send me an reply what I should have done, than it would have taken to drop it in a new folder... that's why it is not standing in the list over translations.......

But I will give 1 more try,,,,
If not, ppl can send me an pm to get a free copy
Quote:But is it legal to translate "Powered By" and "MyBB Enigne" to own language?

Legally, you can translate or even remove the message. That's the beauty of open source. However, it's up to the MyBB team whether they want to list the translation on MyBB.com or not. Providing the translation is accurate (e.g. doesn't translate to "MyBB Sucks") and you keep the backlink to MyBB.com, there shouldn't be an issue. Smile
OK, thanks. Have made the changes needed for 1.8.5, and did try to upload it here, twice, but I dont think it works. Not standing anything in pending or anything.....