MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: i can't full edit in some threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi guys, i have problem can't full editing in some threads, its look blank,

i though problem with theme, but yesterday i try to change theme, i still got error

how to fix this guys

this is screenshoot on 2 different threads

1. look normall

[Image: e0iujl.jpg]

2. look blank

[Image: 1zxuyqb.jpg]
Turn off all plugins. If problem gone, then one of plugin doing it.
(2015-08-24, 06:19 AM)Qiao Wrote: [ -> ]Turn off all plugins. If problem gone, then one of plugin doing it.

hi Qiao
already do it,
but still not work
One of the possible reason - something bad is in the posts, that you db can't handle. Look closely what these posts have in common.

For example, there are characters that mysql cant save. And it crops posts with it.

You can edit post in db (something like phpmyadmin), to check if it changes anything and find out a reason.

Also, check if quick edit is working for these posts.
FYI, after click full edit, i saw the editor content for 1 second, after it, editor is missing (blank).

Click Full Edit

[Image: s30wg9.jpg]

a second after click full edit and loading

[Image: eb7nmv.jpg]

(2015-08-24, 08:57 AM)Qiao Wrote: [ -> ]One of the possible reason - something bad is in the posts, that you db can't handle. Look closely what these posts have in common.

For example, there are characters that mysql cant save. And it crops posts with it.

You can edit post in db (something like phpmyadmin), to check if it changes anything and find out a reason.

Also, check if quick edit is working for these posts.

what do u mean "something bad is in the posts", like script ? or what?
i try edit post, where the content is only text, nothing images, but still blank
but i'll try ur suggest (edit in db) later sir, many thanks ^_^
if this is not fixed what is the error message say
^
no error message bro, just blank
(2015-08-24, 11:33 AM)call911 Wrote: [ -> ]what do u mean "something bad is in the posts", like script ? or what?
Bad character. Mysql can't handle all characters. Or bad combination of characters. Though, if you forum is pure english it is hard to say how they appeared here. Copypast maybe.
Best way to find it is removing part of post from db and checking did it fix it or not. Just remove everything and add one letter.

But it can be just addon/hack that you missed or forget about.
I get the impression that this is a javascript problem. Can you post a link to your board, and perhaps a listing of your headerinclude template.
^
the link is in my signature sir
Pages: 1 2