MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Getting SQL error message whenever I enter the Edit Reason in posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good afternoon,

As of last night, on www.hookedonroleplaying.com, I began receiving error messages whenever I type in an Edit reason when I edit and update a post. Attached is a picture of the exact error message I receive. This happens on both non admin and admin accounts.

I tried deactivating the ckeditor thinking that might have been it, but it doesn't appear to be.

I was wondering if someone experienced enoug with version 1.8.5 plugins could please take a look and help me figure out what is causing the error message?

Or, is there a way to disable/turn off the Edit Reason option? Please either reply to this thread or pm me if you can help.

(2015-08-23, 06:53 PM)Bamk84 Wrote: [ -> ]Good afternoon,

As of last night, on www.hookedonroleplaying.com, I began receiving error messages whenever I type in an Edit reason when I edit and update a post. Attached is a picture of the exact error message I receive. This happens on both non admin and admin accounts.

I tried deactivating the ckeditor thinking that might have been it, but it doesn't appear to be.

I was wondering if someone experienced enoug with version 1.8.5 plugins could please take a look and help me figure out what is causing the error message?

Or, is there a way to disable/turn off the Edit Reason option? Please either reply to this thread or pm me if you can help.
The picture with error message is missing

AdminCP -> Configuration (Settings) -> Posting -> Allow Edit Reason

Set to no.
Thanks! Seems to work fine now Smile
(2015-08-23, 07:15 PM)Bamk84 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks! Seems to work fine now Smile

When you mean that it works fine when you set the "allow edit reason" to no, then it remains strange. I just tested on a clean 1.8.05 install and it worked fine with the setting on "yes".
(2015-08-23, 07:04 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]The picture with error message is missing

AdminCP -> Configuration (Settings) -> Posting -> Allow Edit Reason

Set to no.

Ok, so i turned off the edif reason. Now it seemd to be an issue with the quick edit and quick reply modes. Any way to turn those off too?