MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: users cannot register it prompts for location box which is not there?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys

first post I have on here and im running into a small issue im hoping i can get some light on , I had my forum turned off while we start design and for today and last night I made it live to test a few things and right out the gate im having an issue lol

when someone goes to register on our site when they fill out the registration forum and completes it it prompts for a location to be added and that that section was left out so they cant reguister,  but it seems there's actually no location text box to fill out it seems to be hidden.

in my cpanel I have it set up for new members to have to add a location and that particular setting is viewable and editable so im not sure why its not visable everything I see says it should be there and working but its def not lol

ive cleared my browsers cache and ive tried editing the rule but nothing changes , I could turn it off but we want new members to have to post their location when signing up.

any advice guys is much appreciated , the site is live for today only so id like to get these little things figured out right quick.

TIA

denny

url:   www.thereefforum.com

ps***    im also open to suggestions on our forum this is the first forum we have done and we know zilch about code so im bulling my way through things and so far so good def a case of information overload but I seem to be dealing with it pretty good im just lost on this one itemSmile

any ideas?? no one ?? :,,,(

I have no idea why this is doing this lol
(2015-08-23, 07:11 PM)thereefforum Wrote: [ -> ]when someone goes to register on our site when they fill out the registration forum and completes it it prompts for a location to be added and that that section was left out so they cant reguister,  but it seems there's actually no location text box to fill out it seems to be hidden.

I just checked it, there is location text box in your forum when registration.

May be you added it after question.

Actually I don't advice to make it required, a lot of people don't like this.