MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What does "disable all plugins" do exactly?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a couple plugins on my forum that have inserted templates. If I were to deactivate the plugin, all those templates are removed, and once activated, they are reverted to default. I've made a lot of edits on this plugin so I don't want to deactivate it and loose all my changes.

So, my question is.. what does the setting "disable all plugins" do?
(2015-08-24, 03:33 PM)sparkks Wrote: [ -> ]I've made a lot of edits on this plugin so I don't want to deactivate it and loose all my changes.

I am not really sure about your question, but have a remark about your way of developing a plugin. It is common practice that when you develop a plugin, all template changes and addition of new templates is done by the installation function of the plugin. When this is done in the right way you don't need to change anything to templates manually.

Look at a number of existing (not too complicated) plugins to learn about the techniques available.
I'm not looking to build a plugin. I'm looking to see if the setting inside the AdminCP under "General Configuration" that states .... wait.

I'm an idiot.. It says it right in the description:

[Image: 02gepjh.png]
(2015-08-24, 03:33 PM)sparkks Wrote: [ -> ]I've made a lot of edits on this plugin so I don't want to deactivate it and loose all my changes.

(2015-08-25, 04:15 AM)sparkks Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not looking to build a plugin.

What I try to say is, that when you organize things well, the template changes become part of the installation and uninstallation of the plugins in which case you loose nothing of your changes.