MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Custom MyCodes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not to mention that you'd be breaking UK law

(just thought I'd through that out LOL)
Tikitiki Wrote:Not to mention that you'd be breaking UK law

Yeah, which means I'd have to exercise my rights as an English citizen *cracks knuckles*
Tikitiki Wrote:Not to mention that you'd be breaking UK law

Hahahahaha, wow. Big Grin

Anyways, thanks again for the info - love learning things every day Smile
Dr Small Wrote:
DrPoodle Wrote:you have most of your html tags in uppercase when the standard is lowercase...
Big deal.... It's not like it's going to effect the output any. Confused
In the xhtml strict doctype it wouldn't work and would fail validation. In transitional mode, also known as quirks mode, you would get away with it but only because modern browsers are very error tolerant in how they render HTML code. Just because the software may be tolerant doesn't mean you should bother it with older tags, the newer are (typically) faster and more efficient. Not to mention easier on the eyes.

ZiNga BuRgA Wrote:I'm sorda new to all this, so thanks for your input!
So, basically, you can't use an end-tag?
I actually typoed the end tag. What I was trying to show you was that you must escape the brackets, which you weren't. By escape I mean writing them this way: "\[hi\]" The proper code would be:
\[sub\](.*?)\[/sub\]

And you're welcome. Smile You did pretty well with your tags there, especially for not knowing Regex too well.
Nice job. I also write my html capitalized. I learned that way.
Such as this code:
<HTML>
<HEAD><title> youtube Brodcast yourself!</title></HEAD>
<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
<DIV ALIGN="CENTER"><P><B>Youtube</B></P></DIV>
</HTML> 
But oh well....
The Wicked Flea Wrote:In the xhtml strict doctype it wouldn't work and would fail validation. In transitional mode, also known as quirks mode, you would get away with it
Wrong actually. I put the title tags of my site into Capital letters (using Transitional doctype) and the W3C said:

Error Line 4 column 8: element "TITLE" undefined.

<TITLE>DrPoodle.com - Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow</TITLE>

You have used the element named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not define an element of that name. This error is often caused by:

* incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Frameset" document type to get the "<frameset>" element),
* by using vendor proprietary extensions such as "<spacer>" or "<marquee>" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).
* by using upper-case tags in XHTML (in XHTML attributes and elements must be all lower-case.
The Wicked Flea Wrote:I actually typoed the end tag. What I was trying to show you was that you must escape the brackets, which you weren't. By escape I mean writing them this way: "\[hi\]" The proper code would be:
\[sub\](.*?)\[/sub\]

And you're welcome. Smile You did pretty well with your tags there, especially for not knowing Regex too well.
Hmm, it seems the glitch doesn't affect the CODE tag, but affects the PHP tag:

Try quoting this:
\[sub\](.*?)\[/sub\]
\[sub\](.*?)\[/sub\]

All I've done is switch the tags.
Pages: 1 2