MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Getting Unusual URL String After Installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I recently downloaded the MyBB forum for my website and created a folder in the root directory “forums” and uploaded the unzipped file there and then onto the server. Once completed, I went to /forums/install/index.php and got a message that I uploaded to the “Upload” folder. So, I deleted the folder on the server and my local host and tried to upload the files individually to the replacement “forums” folder. 

Afterwards, I went to the /forums/install/index.php page and got a message that all was good, so I proceeded to complete the steps and database. However, when I tried to access the forum online at “/forums/index.php” I got to a page with a Warning that reads as follows:

[Warning: require_once(Upload/global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/easymethod/public_html/forums/index.php on line 18

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'Upload/global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/easymethod/public_html/forums/index.php on line 18]

Can someone please tell me what I did wrong and how to fix it?

P.S. I'm a newbie to this kind of stuff.

Thank you.
(2015-08-26, 04:45 AM)dwappes Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I recently downloaded the MyBB forum for my website and created a folder in the root directory “forums” and uploaded the unzipped file there and then onto the server. Once completed, I went to /forums/install/index.php and got a message that I uploaded to the “Upload” folder. So, I deleted the folder on the server and my local host and tried to upload the files individually to the replacement “forums” folder. 

Afterwards, I went to the /forums/install/index.php page and got a message that all was good, so I proceeded to complete the steps and database. However, when I tried to access the forum online at “/forums/index.php” I got to a page with a Warning that reads as follows:

[Warning: require_once(Upload/global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/easymethod/public_html/forums/index.php on line 18

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'Upload/global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/easymethod/public_html/forums/index.php on line 18]

Thank you.

all files aren't uploaded
(2015-08-26, 04:53 AM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-26, 04:45 AM)dwappes Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Thank you.

all files aren't uploaded

Thank you for your reply Vanz, but I am still a bit confused. Huh

I originally downloaded mybb_1805 and right-clicked on the “Upload” file and extracted all the files to the “forums” folder that I had created in the root directory on my local server, then uploaded the entire “forums” folder to the remote server.

When I went to “/forums/install/index.php”, and the page indicated “We detected that you have uploaded the files to the ‘Upload’ folder, and indicated that was not recommended.” So I deleted the folder on the remote server, then went to my local server and dragged each file out of the “Upload” folder directly into the “forums” folder and uploaded it to the remote server.

Then when I went to “/forums/install/index.php”, I did not get a warning message again, so I did the installation and all seemed to go well.

After installation, I went to “/forums/index.php”, which is when I got the [Warning] referenced in my original post.

Can you please explain to me what I did wrong when uploading the files? Thank you.