MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: hide all content, until registered have 10 postcount
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi guys,
iam really hate silent reader, haha
is possible make system like "registered can read all content after they have any postcount" ?
if($mybb->user['postnum'] <= 11)
{
error("You need 10 posts.");
}
You can restrict access to specific forums to users who have less than 10 posts but you can't hide all content specifically because they need to be able to see threads in order to reply to them to gain those 10 posts to begin with.

If you did want to restrict access to specific forums though, you'd need to create a new user group, set your default group to auto-promote to the new one after 10 posts, and then set permissions to hide the forums you want to restrict access to for the default group.
(2015-08-26, 02:49 PM)Sazze Wrote: [ -> ]
if($mybb->user['postnum'] <= 11)
{
error("You need 10 posts.");
}

pls explain to me (newbie here) how and where exactly i put that scripts sir ^_^

(2015-08-26, 04:32 PM)Petie Wrote: [ -> ]You can restrict access to specific forums to users who have less than 10 posts but you can't hide all content specifically because they need to be able to see threads in order to reply to them to gain those 10 posts to begin with.

If you did want to restrict access to specific forums though, you'd need to create a new user group, set your default group to auto-promote to the new one after 10 posts, and then set permissions to hide the forums you want to restrict access to for the default group.

i love this clue, and i was try it, but when i uncheck "can view forum", subforum what i set of permission is missing,
and i try to check "can view forum", registered can view all of forum, including threads
i mean, i want, subforum still can view, but they can't view the threads within subforum until X postcount.
how about that sir?

[Image: 35bxx0l.jpg]

[Image: kew32q.jpg]
up up up help guys ^^
The way you have your permissions seems to be set correctly so I'm not sure what's not working. Is a member in the "Registered" group currently able to see the thread list, even with "Can view threads within forum?" unchecked? If so, can they actually read the threads or is it just the list they can see? You may wind up having to just completely hide the forum if the option to only hide the threads isn't working but I haven't experimented with it too much so I'd need to see it before I could really say what was happening.
^
yes, registered still can see subforum list and threads within subforum, even i uncheck "Can view threads within forum"
After unchecking the appropriate boxes from the custom permissions popup, have you been clicking "Save Forum Permissions" on the bottom of the full permissions list? I just tested the "Can view threads within forum" option on my own site and it works fine. I did it with the unregistered group as a quick test and left "Can view forum" checked while disabling the threads and the result is that, while logged out, I can see the forum in question but it reports having no threads or posts and clicking on it results in an empty thread list.

The most likely culprit here is that second save button. The permission aren't applied until the save button at the bottom of the full permissions list is clicked.
of course i was clicked "Save Forum Permissions" bro Sad
forget it bro, maybe confict with some theme scripts, or maybe u know this plugin?
http://community.mybb.com/thread-177771.html
You can easily use Template Conditionals for this:

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=464

<if $mybb->user['postnum'] < 10 then>
Showthread code
<else>
Sorry, you haven't 10 posts in the forum
</if>

But also with mybb system it should works, with usergroups.

Create a new usergroups "10 posts" or how you want called it, in the page of permissions for all forums you change permissions. Only users of group "10 posts" can read/write in the forum.

Then you add a rule in promotion groups:
when a user of "Member" (just registered) group make 10 posts, he becames "10 posts" user and can read/write.
Pages: 1 2