MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum display being cut off?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Set my site to fixed width and the container cuts off for some reason? Is this is a padding issue or something, I've been setting width's left right and center and it's not working.

Site Link: http://cygnex.org
Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/892pkw

Thanks for your help.
you have set #container, #content, and .wrapper width to 1024px.. and they all have their own padding.. so the width gets incresed accordingly and cuts off...

also the templates has some issues.. you have added one more #container inside .wrapper which again spoils the css... check the screenshot...

a temporary workaround is to remove "overflow: hidden;" from #container and #content in global.css

but a proper fix is to remove the #container inside .wrapper and change the width of #content, and .wrapper to 984px, that is 1024-40, where 40 is the padding of 20px on each side...

[Image: image.png]
(2015-08-26, 12:41 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]you have set #container, #content, and .wrapper width to 1024px.. and they all have their own padding.. so the width gets incresed accordingly and cuts off...

also the templates has some issues.. you have added one more #container inside .wrapper which again spoils the css... check the screenshot...

a temporary workaround is to remove "overflow: hidden;" from #container and #content in global.css

but a proper fix is to remove the #container inside .wrapper and change the width of #content, and .wrapper to 984px, that is 1024-40, where 40 is the padding of 20px on each side...

[Image: image.png]

Thank you for your response, I have no idea why that container class was there... I've removed the overflow's changed the widths and removed that container reference you highlighted in your screenshot.

How can I remove the padding so that there's no gaps either side of my forum display?

Many thanks for your help.
(2015-08-26, 04:34 PM)Zies Wrote: [ -> ]How can I remove the padding so that there's no gaps either side of my forum display?

remove "padding: 20px;" from #content in global.css and change the width of #content, and .wrapper back to 1024px