MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User unregister from whole forum site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While I can delete or ban a user from my forum site, I cannot find anywhere a user can themselves completely unregister or remove themselves from the entire forum site.

Not just unsubscribe from posts, threads or specific subforums, but from the whole forum site. i.e. to remove their complete profile, to no longer be a member.

For instance, I cannot find it for my own registration to this MyBB forum either.

How can users do that?

thank you
Has that ever existed on any forum script? Been using different forums for years and never seen that.
Would that not breach privacy type regulations?
Surely a person must be able to remove their details from someone's database?
They can request removal manually by asking the site/forum owner or admin. Even not being a lawyer I am reasonably sure traditional message boards (MyBB, Invision, vBulletin, etc) have rarely (may be never) addressed this and leave up to those who install it to manage user data and information.

Like I said am not a lawyer and not a forum programmer either, just a long time forum user (different ones) and *I* don't think self deleting exists in any such scripts.
The easiest way to remove the information is to edit your profile, logout and never come back. That is how it works.

Some boards do allow you to request a delete from the board; what usually happens is that your posts become guest posts but remain on the board as they are part of the discussions on the board.

If you want to share personal information online then stick to facebook Smile