MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change text in welcome box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been searching but cannot find the template for the welcome box text, i am trying to remove the Current from "Current time" to free up some space so the welcome box dosent glitch when my forum width is reduced, thanks.
This string can be found in the following two templates:
  • header_welcomeblock_guest
  • header_welcomeblock_member

To remove the current time, simply delete the following code from the above two templates.

<span style="float:right;">{$lang->welcome_current_time}</span>
ok thanks, and what if i just want to delete the text "Current" from them?
willow Wrote:ok thanks, and what if i just want to delete the text "Current" from them?

Find in global.lang file

$l['welcome_current_time'] = "<strong>Current time:</strong> {1}";

and change to your needs.
that does the job but gives me a sql error

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/willow/public_html/cod/inc/languages/english/global.lang.php:1) in /home/willow/public_html/cod/inc/functions.php on line 1118

and changing the text back dosent get rid of the error, it only seems to show when i go into a forum
That's not a sql error. That's a PHP warning Don't change your file with notepad, change it with something else. Wordpad or something. This is due to whitespaces.
i edited the file with dreamweaver
Just make sure that there is no empty line or gap before <?php at the begining of global.lang.php