MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation Emails Going To SPAM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I am new to mybb forums and am quite happy with the look and feel of my newly setup forum. 

Please can you advise on an issue that has been troubling me, Activation emails are going to the users spam folder, I have personally tested this on Gmail.

I was initially using PHP mail option, but changed it to SMTP, however the problem still persists. I also deactivated the message id setting but still the same.

Any advise is appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Are you on shared hosting? Does this issue apply to other email providers other than Gmail?

Have you searched your mailing IP address (most likely to be the shared IP of your server though could be a dedicated one if it is assigned to your mail) on blacklists? / Checked the IP addresses reputation?

You might get further assistance by reaching out to your web hosting provider. This isn't really a MyBB issue so the assistance you get here is going to be very limited.
Thanks for the advise Alex, I have only tested with gmail.
Yes it is shared hosting I belive.
How do I check blacklisting / reputation?
I have logged a fault with hosting company, let's see what they advise.
Thanks
http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx is a good tool to search for blacklisting issues.