MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: question about plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
one question about plugin
it is true that slow the forum?
it is true that it would be better not to have?

but plugin essentially what is? Huh
If you have a question about a plugin, maybe you should post your question in "Plugin Support"

As for your question.. Your English is horrible (no offense) and I can not understand your question. 

Use Google Translate. Post your question in Google Translate, then post the English translation here.
Sorry: retry

some questions about plug-ins

it is true that the plugin slow the forum?
it is true that for the safety of the forum would be better not to have plug-ins installed?

basically plugins for MyBB what are they and what are they for?
(2015-08-29, 03:22 PM)Mr_Joker Wrote: [ -> ]1. it is true that the plugin slow the forum?
2. it is true that for the safety of the forum would be better not to have plug-ins installed?
3. basically plugins for MyBB what are they and what are they for?

1. Only plugins that are activated require processor time, so these could slow down the forum. In practice, activated plugins with many SQL queries, which are sometimes badly organized, can seriously slow-down a forum. But most plugins do not have that.
  2. I am not an expert in this, I believe that in practice this is not a serious issue.
  3. Plugins are made to extend the functionality of the forum. So you can do things that cannot be done with the standard MyBB installation. Look through available plugins to see what they add to the functionality.
thanks.

p.s. the plugin : Google seo, i think use the query. is a slow plugin? ask for all
(2015-08-29, 11:27 PM)Mr_Joker Wrote: [ -> ]Google seo, i think use the query. is a slow plugin?

I don't now because I don't use it. I only have private boards.
(2015-08-29, 11:27 PM)Mr_Joker Wrote: [ -> ]thanks.

p.s. the plugin : Google seo, i think use the query. is a slow plugin? ask for all

Yes, it definitely does end up using some queries. The other thing is that it requires the use of URL "rewrite rules" which can cause higher server load if your forum gets a lot of traffic because the web server will simply end up doing more work in rewriting the URLs.

It's not especially slow, but it's also worth understanding that it CAN cause degraded performance if you get a LOT of visits. If your forum is relatively small and you don't foresee it getting excessively large, then it won't make much of a performance impact.
thanks