MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A few questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. How do I replace the the normal buttons with image buttons... like instead of the normal button called "Post Thread", I want my button to have a border, background, and text colour.

2. For different themes, i want different sets of codebuttons. Like for the default theme, i want the default set of codebuttons, but for another, i want black codebuttons (saved in another folder).

How?
El Vista Wrote:1. How do I replace the the normal buttons with image buttons... like instead of the normal button called "Post Thread", I want my button to have a border, background, and text colour.
You need CSS class for that.
In Admin CP > Themes > Modify /Delete >Edit theme style > Form Elements[b]
In the input box under [b]Buttons
(the big one) add the following

color: #fff;
width: 130px;
height: 25px;
background: #333 url(/images/btn_back.gif) no-repeat;
outline: none;
You may modify this sample CSS as you like.

Quote:2. For different themes, i want different sets of codebuttons. Like for the default theme, i want the default set of codebuttons, but for another, i want black codebuttons (saved in another folder).
Just replace the images inside the codebuttons folder.
Quote:2. For different themes, i want different sets of codebuttons. Like for the default theme, i want the default set of codebuttons, but for another, i want black codebuttons (saved in another folder).
[/quote]

no i meant different buttons for different themes
Currently you can't unless you do core file changes and deep changes in the templates. It's something that's been mentioned to mybb about how themes are not entirely independent of default images. All images for a theme should be within the theme directory...ALL of them...not just some as it is now.
One way you can do it is to download the theme.xml (your theme) you want to change, and the image folder.

re-upload and install the renamed file (your2 theme) and create in the root /templates/(your theme)/images.

Copy the d/l images and any sub folders to that image folder....

To make it a default theme, open the theme in the theme manager, change all the image paths to the templates/(your2 theme)/images, and the url(strings also), then it will be exactly the same as the original one.

Now all you need to do is to change the buttons etc, in that image folder.

You can do this as many times that you want to create a different look for each one, and upload them as a different template set.

Because unfortunately, there is no short-cut way of doing it at the moment.

Smile
labrocca Wrote:Currently you can't unless you do core file changes and deep changes in the templates.  It's something that's been mentioned to mybb about how themes are not entirely independent of default images.  All images for a theme should be within the theme directory...ALL of them...not just some as it is now.

I agree,

The default theme should be separate in a template-path folder, and only NOT include similes, capcha images or any other base folders... Smile

Stars and rankings should definitely be within the theme... Wink
El Vista Wrote:
Quote:[quote]
2. For different themes, i want different sets of codebuttons. Like for the default theme, i want the default set of codebuttons, but for another, i want black codebuttons (saved in another folder).

no i meant different buttons for different themes

Well you know... each theme has a different images folder so do that in the apropriate folder.
Quote:Stars and rankings should definitely be within the theme... Wink

Yep, agreed. And the codebuttons too... white ones suck at black background Toungue

thanx anyways