MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to have "Normal Threads" title always appear.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed that with MyBB the "normal threads" title that appears before the normal threads, does not appear unless there are sticky threads causing both "important threads" title and "normal threads" title to appear.

Is there anyway to have the "Normal Threads" title always appear?

I believe it will be a PHP edit but I cannot seem to find where in what file I might need to edit the php...
Add the following line:

$shownormalsep = true;

at line 1070 of forumdisplay.php.
(2015-08-30, 12:12 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]Add the following line:

$shownormalsep = true;

at line 1070 of forumdisplay.php.

I tried this before but it causes "Normal Threads" to appear before each listed thread.
(2015-08-30, 05:56 PM)viviannahz Wrote: [ -> ]I tried this before but it causes "Normal Threads" to appear before each listed thread.

I'll have a look. I tested it, but probably with too few threads Blush .

I think the solution is when you change the added line into:

if (!isset($shownormalsep)) $shownormalsep = true;
(2015-08-30, 06:03 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-30, 05:56 PM)viviannahz Wrote: [ -> ]I tried this before but it causes "Normal Threads" to appear before each listed thread.

I'll have a look. I tested it, but probably with too few threads Blush .

Thank you for being so helpful and friendly Smile  I also tried adding an else case to the if / else conditions that determine when the "normal threads" title bit appears and it caused it to appear for every two threads? Not sure why it does this.

I have figured it out. It repeats because of this code:

LINE 999 foreach($threadcache as $thread)

I placed the boolean value before this and now it appears for every forum without repeating Smile
Sorry, I saw your reaction after I added my solution to my message. Huh It makes no difference as long as it works. Big Grin