MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgraded but looks wrong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Just ran the upgrade to 1.8.5 from 1.6.17 and reverted all the templates to default but my forums do not look like mybb's. 

The icons are gone and the top bar doesn't look right. I used an .htaccess file, disabled all my plugins and used the install wizard. Any idea what went wrong please?

[attachment=34941]

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. I attempted this upgrade last month and exactly the same thing happened. It's like all the framework is gone. And the posts page looks even worse, its all blue and you can't see the divider between posts. The avatars are crossing over into the post above and this is all on default, no theme.

[attachment=34942]
may be you can install a new theme and use it (force it on all users)

MyBB 1.8.x themes => http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes
theme installation guidance => http://community.mybb.com/thread-163256.html
Thanks .m. but I'd like to keep the default style and just colour it so it matches the main site, if possible.

Spent all night thrawling through the upgrading thread and have reset my global.css and now it looks almost perfect. Smile  The only thing still wrong is the top bars. Does anyone know where I'll fix this, is it headerinclude? Or am I still missing a stylesheet? I'm quite new at all this.

Thanks.

[attachment=34944]

Okay I think I've figured it out.

Every thing is fine, my logo is just too big. Rolleyes

I must say the new design is really nice and you don't appreciate this fully, until you see it running on your own site. Well done all.
I had the exact same problem and ended by reverting back to 1.6.17
What do you mean by "reset my global.css"?  
Can you elaborate on that?
(2015-09-01, 03:29 AM)CloudyBright Wrote: [ -> ]I had the exact same problem and ended by reverting back to 1.6.17
What do you mean by "reset my global.css"?  
Can you elaborate on that?

ACP | Templates & Style | Themes | [Your Theme] | Options | Edit Theme | global.css | Options | Delete / Revert | Okay
Thank you Cookie123. I also had the problem and overlooked the global.css being not deftault.