MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable ALL IP logging?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically I want no IP addresses to be shown for any user, anywhere (Mod/Admin CP Included).

My forum will have an abstract way of using user groups and giving players mod/admin abilities.

I have looked around quite a bit for a solution and there are two that looked as if it would work...

- Store Fake IP's Plugin: http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=384

This plugin returns an SQL error when trying to install/activate.

- Edit the functions.php - function get_ip() and add a line to return a default IP (127.0.0.1) which broke my forum and would just show a white screen when attempting to load the webpage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My preference would be to allow myself to see IP's but hide them from every other player but if that is too complicated/requires a custom plugin then just hiding all IP's from everyone would be fine as well.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Smile

Forum: www.altarrs.com/forum
Can anyone assist?