MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB 1.3 & MK Portal to Mybb: Loss or preservation of data?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, Im posting this here because I dont really want to clog up your MyBB Beta/Conversion Thread with more generic questions which deviate from the core topic.

Anyway, my question is this:

Ive got a forum running on IPB 1.3 and ive got MK Portal on the index page and i also have Coppermine Gallery installed. The MK Portal and the Coppermine Gallery both use the forum skin (the Portal does this automatically but the Coppermine doesnt). Anyway, im looking to convert this board to Mybb 1.2.3..now obviously i dont want to lose the content from my Portal and my Coppermine Gallery..so i wonder, will the conversion mean that this content is lost..or will/can it retain the content?

This may seem like a silly question but as im sure you can appreciate, it's best to clarify these things before making such a decision.

Any help on the both would be much appreciated. Cheers!
If the Portal and Coppermine Gallery doesn't use data already converted by the Merge System, then yes, it will not be converted.

After the initial release of the Merge System we will be allowing people to build their own modules converters.
hi ! (sorry for my bad english)

I converted my IPB 1.3.1 to MyBB 1.2.2 without any problem Smile

I have got too mkportal (without Coppermine Gallery )
Tikitiki Wrote:If the Portal and Coppermine Gallery doesn't use data already converted by the Merge System, then yes, it will not be converted.

After the initial release of the Merge System we will be allowing people to build their own modules converters.
Cheers for the info TikiSmile

jaja Wrote:hi ! (sorry for my bad english)

I converted my IPB 1.3.1 to MyBB 1.2.2 without any problem Smile

I have got too mkportal (without Coppermine Gallery )
Really? But did your Portal content remain as it was before the conversion?
Yea, I don't believe that coppermine is supported for the merge.
TylerGillen Wrote:Yea, I don't believe that coppermine is supported for the merge.
Cool, cheers for the headsup!
I tried doing several searches for this but no joy:

Is it possible to have MK Portal on the index page yet also use the Mybb Portal blocks (side boxes) within the forum?

So MK Portal would stand on the index and Mybb Portal would be integrated inside the forum. The reason for this is that i would like to use the Mybb Side boxes for adverts and whatnot, whislt leaving the whole MK Portal on the index.

Any advise or pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Smile
-eVo- Wrote:Really? But did your Portal content remain as it was before the conversion?

yes because I take only my IPB tables for conversion.
-eVo- Wrote:I tried doing several searches for this but no joy:

Is it possible to have MK Portal on the index page yet also use the Mybb Portal blocks (side boxes) within the forum?

So MK Portal would stand on the index and Mybb Portal would be integrated inside the forum. The reason for this is that i would like to use the Mybb Side boxes for adverts and whatnot, whislt leaving the whole MK Portal on the index.

Any advise or pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Smile
I hate highlighting this question like this but ive tried searching for an answer to my question but cannot find it. Does anyone know the answer to the above? ..It is a genuine question - thanks in advance to anyone who can help or provide me a link to a thread in which this is covered.