MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Locked out of super admin account
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I was working late on my forum and I forgot to sign out before I went to bed that night... and my little sister got on to the admin cp and started clicking things, she clicked on 2stepauth and clicked out of the QR code and now I am completely locked out of the super admin account. Is there any way I am able to gain access to that account or gain super admin again, I do have access to data base. Is there anything I can do to gain access or get super admin back to a separate account?
If you're locked out of ACP, you can send a email with instructions to unlock the account.
i am sorry but could you explain differently... you mean to say the ACP 2FA was activated by mistake (by your sister) and you cant go past the 2FA screen...

if yes, then you can disable the 2FA by emptying the value of authsecret column in the mybb_adminoptions table from your database..
(2015-09-02, 11:31 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]i am sorry but could you explain differently... you mean to say the ACP 2FA was activated by mistake (by your sister) and you cant go past the 2FA screen...

if yes, then you can disable the 2FA by emptying the value of authsecret column in the mybb_adminoptions table from your database..

Got it thank you so much!