MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Defaced forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please help me someone defaced my forum so i reset it but whenever i use my old theme it redirects me to meatspin  so basically when i use my custom theme if i go to the index.php / homepage it redirects me to meatspin.com im pretty sure its just a added bit of css in the templates

sorry for it being in the rong section i didnt notice the read before you post
We need way more information, it may be beyond mybb.

If you can log in to your admincp do a template search for...meatspin and from what I'm hearing it may be a meta redirect tag or js. And "meatspin" could be hashed. If you can't find the URL in a template search or style search do whatever you do that sends you to meatspin but have FLASH, JAVA, JAVASCRIPT disabled either from Internet Options or use a web dev toolbar.

Wait first, when you switch themes does it load that theme first then send you to meatspin or are you immediately on meatspin after clicking change theme? If the theme loads first then its most likely something on the page. In that case immediately click stop or the x that stops the loading of the page. Press CTRL + U to open the source code, then CTRL + F to open search. Then enter part of the URL. I recommend using Firefox w/ a Web Dev toolbar that lets you view Generated HTML which will show the final HTML the DOM renders (regular view source doesnt show HTML rendered by javascript)

Now if you show up on meatspin just by clicking change theme the problem could be much worse, like a compromised FTP acc, or even just a hacked admin account if you have a plugin that lets you use PHP in templates. And if nothing happens when you have flash/java/js disabled manually enable each one until you trigger the redirect.

Man I thought i put meatspin behind me years ago. Thanks alot OP (jk)
So I looked through your site, and there is a metaredirect. It's not in the header as it only redirects on the index. I would check check the "index" template. It looks like it is inbetween {$forums} and {$boardstats}. But if it is not, just do a search for "meat". The metaredirect will look like this:

<body>
{$header}
{$forums}
<meta content="0; url=http://meatspin.com/" http-equiv="refresh">
{$boardstats}
{$footer}
</body>
(2015-09-02, 07:23 AM)thexshadow Wrote: [ -> ]So I looked through your site, and there is a metaredirect. It's not in the header as it only redirects on the index. I would check check the "index" template. It looks like it is inbetween {$forums} and {$boardstats}. But if it is not, just do a search for "meat". The metaredirect will look like this:

<body>
{$header}
{$forums}
<meta content="0; url=http://meatspin.com/" http-equiv="refresh">
{$boardstats}
{$footer}
</body>

im pretty sure its not there thanks for the help
<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
{$headerinclude}
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	lang.no_new_posts = "{$lang->no_new_posts}";
	lang.click_mark_read = "{$lang->click_mark_read}";
// -->
</script>
</head>
<body>
{$header}

{$forums}
{$boardstats}

<dl class="forum_legend smalltext">
	<dt><span class="forum_status forum_on" title="{$lang->new_posts}"></span></dt>
	<dd>{$lang->new_posts}</dd>

<dt><span class="forum_status forum_off" title="{$lang->no_new_posts}"></span></dt>
	<dd>{$lang->no_new_posts}</dd>

<dt><span class="forum_status forum_offlock" title="{$lang->forum_locked}"></span></dt>
	<dd>{$lang->forum_locked}</dd>

<dt><span class="forum_status forum_offlink" title="{$lang->forum_redirect}"></span></dt>
	<dd>{$lang->forum_redirect}</dd>
</dl>
<br class="clear" />
{$footer}
</body>
</html>
Did you get it fixed?
Isaac, dont start new threads if the issue is not solved, and only mark a post as best answer if it answers the question. If you give me access to your ACP (assuming your theme is uploaded) then I can look for you.
It was in index_stats by the way. But too late, you completely reset the forum.
(2015-09-02, 09:33 AM)Nath Wrote: [ -> ]It was in index_stats by the way. But too late, you completely reset the forum.

I fixed it thanks Nath