MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin CP Honeypot and PML
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys!
So I'm currently using Admin CP Honeypot and have renamed my 'admin' folder to a much preferred name. My predicament right now is I'm going to install this plugin (http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=65) which has a folder for 'admin'. I want to know if it's still OK to proceed and upload it even though Admin CP Honeypot is currently on theĀ 'admin' folder or do I put it to my renamed admin folder? Do I need to make some changes to the plugin for it to work?

Thanks!
Change the name of the "admin" folder within the plugin before uploading.
contents of admin folder should be transferred to your actual admin folder (renamed folder). plugin file editing not required
(2015-09-02, 04:59 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]contents of admin folder should be transferred to your actual admin folder (renamed folder). plugin file editing not required

Hi, thanks. That was what I'm thinking on doing but my concern is, aren't there any calls by the plugin to the 'admin' folder rather than my 'editedadmin' folder that I need to edit on the plugin? If not, is this true for other plugins as well?
^ you know that admin folder name should be also changed in config.php file. that takes care of plugins calls to actual admin folder
(2015-09-02, 05:26 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ you know that admin folder name should be also changed in config.php file. that takes care of plugins calls to actual admin folder

Yes, the config.php file is properly configured and the editedadmin folder is put there. I see, now I get it. Thanks!