MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Seeing threads but can't read posts within
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I am looking for a way that would allow people to be able to see the threads/thread titles listed within, but yet can't open them to read or see the posts.  That way they don't think the forum is empty, lacks content, or do with less enticing to join.

I found a plug iin during my search, but it wasn't clear if it was OK for the latest version of MyBB which I downloaded several weeks ago.  I have never used the plug-in feature and didn't want to screw up my site, so I am here now asking for advice.

Thanks in advance.
which plugin actually you are referring ?
if you do not have its link then post plugin file name & its coder name (available in the plugin file content)
Thank you for your response ... I would like whatever the plugin is that works with 1.8 and I can't seem to find one, just old ones and I have no idea if they are good for me. Do you know of a plugin that will let someone who recently downloaded mybb to allow users to see thread titles of a forum without the ability to read the contents/posts of those threads?

Any help would be appreciated.
Perhaps it is not a plugin, and I just need to ask how to modify my site so that thread titles show but don't open when permission to view is denied. Should this thread be closed and I start a new one in Support?
Video Wrote:... I found a plug iin during my search, but it wasn't clear if it was OK for the latest version of MyBB which I downloaded several weeks ago.
give the details of that plugin so that someone can check it