MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why should I switch to mybb?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I tried phpbb3 and did not like and I tried smf and I love it. I'm just wondering about mybb. What is different about mybb that is different from the others. Please convince me to stay with mybb.. lol
Quite honestly, choose what you think is best. If you like SMF, then go for it. Otherwise if you like MyBB go with it.

It's all about user preference Smile
MyBB is the best, what more do you need?
Mybb has mods that Are excellent and they are easer to install then other forums.
phpbb3 Needs to much work to install a mod. It took me 3 hours to install One mod. I tried printing out the instructions to install the mod and it was 50 Pages long. :shock:.
I like mybb. Easy installation and has allot of mods.
smf has one click mods but the user cp is better here
Our plugins aren't that hard to install either, right?
Tikitiki Wrote:Our plugins aren't that hard to install either, right?
I'll have to check the SMF forums..
EDIT: Now I remember it.. I didn't like it so I moved to phpbb then to mybb.
shadow82x Wrote:smf has one click mods but the user cp is better here

rcpalace Wrote:

No their not comparing to others.

?
Just for the record phpBB3 has not been released yet, it is still in the beta testing stage. (beta 5 at the moment)

As such there are no "official" Mods for phpBB3

In my opinion, having beta tested, phpBB3 is overly complicated to use and set up and is some what slow.

I have slowly but surely been converting all my phpBB forums over to MyBB, my reasons for doing so is that is very nice looking, easy to use and set up and the one click mods make it easy to add extra features to your MyBB.

MyBB is a very slick and easy to use forum software
Tikitiki Wrote:
shadow82x Wrote:smf has one click mods but the user cp is better here

rcpalace Wrote:

No their not comparing to others.

?

Wow... What Did I post?? Must of been erased or something.. I'll repost it.
Pages: 1 2 3