MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change basic colours in fresh install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, I am brand new to forums and this great open source product. All good fun!

I have a question, how do I change the colours of the forum, specifically these colours...

[Image: sAg42aT.png]

1) text colour in navigation above my category
2) text colour of forum titles,
3) colour of the blue bar across the middle of the screen which is behind 'forums in my category'
4) text colour of the menu options ... portal... search... member list etc...
5) button colour of search (and any other buttons)
6) colour of advanced/details at bottom of page

I want to change these all to a purple colour to match my site design and logo instead of the blue colour

can you tell me how I can do this please,

thanks very much in advance

p.s. can you tell me if all the blues here are the same colour, in which case i just have to pick one purple colour, or if they are different hues, in which case i'll probabally have to find a number of different purple colours to change it effectively thanks.
ACP >> Themes >> Default >> global.css and edit the color/background for following elements as stated...

(2015-09-04, 06:44 AM)ComputerGuy Wrote: [ -> ]1) text colour in navigation above my category
2) text colour of forum titles,
4) text colour of the menu options ... portal... search... member list etc...
6) colour of advanced/details at bottom of page

a:link {
	color: #0072BC;
	text-decoration: none;
}

a:visited {
	text-decoration: none;
}

a:hover,
a:active {
	text-decoration: underline;
}

(2015-09-04, 06:44 AM)ComputerGuy Wrote: [ -> ]3) colour of the blue bar across the middle of the screen which is behind 'forums in my category'

.thead {
	background: #0066a2 url(images/thead.png) top left repeat-x;

(2015-09-04, 06:44 AM)ComputerGuy Wrote: [ -> ]5) button colour of search (and any other buttons)

#search input.button {
	background: #0066a2 url(images/thead.png) top left repeat-x;

PS: the colors will be changed across all pages for entire board...