MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Setting new member permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

How do I automatically require new members to have approval before posting? I've looked but can't find out how.

Thanks,

Swede
You mean you want them to have all posts moderated? Or do you mean you want them to wait for activation? In that case it is in your ACP.

Home » Board Settings » Login and Registration Options

Registration Method
Please select the method of registration to use when users register.
You could try the following plugin:

http://mods.mybb.com/view/required-approvals

It is for 1.6, but works also for 1.8 when you change

Some time ago I made a plugin for a fellow member. The main features are:
  • The first n posts of new members are moderated (by setting n to a very large number you can make that all posts of members must be moderated);
  • Moderators get a message (e-mail or PM) when a new message/thread has been posted;
  • Authors of moderated posts/threads get a message (e-mail or PM) when their message/thread has been  approved;
  • Subscribers get also a message (according to their subscription settings) when a new meaage/thread has been approved.
I think this comes also close to what you want. Below the link to the message to which the plugin is attached:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-173075-...pid1171321
(2015-09-04, 01:59 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]You mean you want them to have all posts moderated?  Or do you mean you want them to wait for activation? In that case it is in your ACP.

Home » Board Settings » Login and Registration Options

Registration Method
Please select the method of registration to use when users register.

Thanks, that was it. Only it was 

Configuration » Board Settings » Login and Registration Options

Thanks again. What a great board.

Swede

(2015-09-04, 02:34 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]You could try the following plugin:

Thanks the tip but I don't think I'm ready to start with plugins just yet. Want to get more comfortable with basic MyBB first.
Swede