MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Resource Usage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,
So, I wanted to ask some of you guys if you know how much server resources Google SEO uses on the server. I'm asking this because I read this line from the Wiki of the plugin I was looking on:
"Uninstalling Google SEO removes its URL database. If you were using SEO URLs, those URLs will no longer work and old URLs won't be redirected even if you reinstall the plugin."

https://github.com/frostschutz/MyBB-Google-SEO/wiki

From that statement I thought of  that Google SEO uses db queries then since the SEO URLs are stored in a database. So everytime a visitor visits something on the site it's an additional query from it. Can someone shed some light into this?
Also read the evaluation mode section of the documentation.

Yes, it uses queries. For getting the thread ID from the URL, for checking whether the URL is still up to date, and (ideally in a single big query) for all the forum/thread/user/... links that appear on the page. It also uses a cache but only for index/portal; you can't cache everything.

The queries are very fast, but if your database is slow (freehost, or very cheap shared host), or you're in one of those horrible the-database-is-on-another-host setups, it may be a problem. But many people are using it without issue, on shared hosting.
(2015-09-04, 10:48 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Also read the evaluation mode section of the documentation.

Yes, it uses queries. For getting the thread ID from the URL, for checking whether the URL is still up to date, and (ideally in a single big query) for all the forum/thread/user/... links that appear on the page. It also uses a cache but only for index/portal; you can't cache everything.

The queries are very fast, but if your database is slow (freehost, or very cheap shared host), or you're in one of those horrible the-database-is-on-another-host setups, it may be a problem. But many people are using it without issue, on shared hosting.

Hmm, I see. I'm using a Paid Host, on a Reseller account that I have actually, it's on a SSD. Current stats for Homepage is:

Generated in 63 ms (82.75% PHP / 17.25% MySQL) 

SQL Queries: 12 / Server Load: 0 / Memory Usage: 4.5 MB

Sample Thread is like this with some custom MyCode

Generated in 114 ms (75.08% PHP / 24.92% MySQL) 

SQL Queries: 21 / Server Load: 0 / Memory Usage: 5 MB