MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question, Chris Boultons New Templates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well it's a big back end change but the good news is we'll just be taking the CSS from your old themes and dumping them in to files which will work on the new system. You won't lose custom themes.
Gets better all of the time...

The .css for in the example I posted is about 6 times greater than the .xml in MyBB. It could be "anchored", but it's nicer to keep it all together. Smile
Great news Chris, looking forward to it! MyBB keeps getting better and better. Smile

-Bill
Great news Chris! Big Grin I hated to rewrite all my themes for MyBB 1.2...

Quote:The latest phpbb template is great because it is a CSS based layout rather than a table based layout like MyBB. I'd really like it is MyBB went table free.
I dont see any advantages in a table free interface. A forum lend itself to use tables in the html code. Especial in the posbit you have many sorted numers, where a table is very usefull.

btw: I dont like the new phpBB design that much. It looks fresher than the old one, but there are just some details which I doesnt like.
I think he means table class - width and height etc are better if controlled by the .css, rather than hard-coded (With or without variables) into the script.. Wink

I Think.. Smile
If you use a horizontal postbit, you don't need really need a table. I'd think a more reasonable use of the table is for the thread listing where the content is actually quite tabular.
Thanks, Wink

Now where do I find the template that uses the "option" of the Alternating Table Row 2 colour, which is currently trow2 for the whole section. ??

Or is this option of color in the Db.. ?? Toungue

I'd like to edit the class structure for the 2nd table, but all I can find is reference to the first table.. Sad

Help!! Smile
DennisTT Wrote:If you use a horizontal postbit, you don't need really need a table. I'd think a more reasonable use of the table is for the thread listing where the content is actually quite tabular.
Quite right. I had actually intended to whenever I can convert from SMF1.1.2 to make a horizontal postbit, and make my theme almost completely tableless except for those pages. Because the content there is tabular. I just don't like using tables for everything. Wink

I'm glad to hear that the default MyBB forum skin is getting a work-over and the whole template system as well.
hemi Wrote:Is this a VERY sick joke?

Please, someone from MyBB confirm or deny this.

Nope, NO Joke! Sick or otherwise, as you have found out. Toungue
Chris Boulton Wrote:I was working on a new theme system which works around essentially allowing you to edit any stylesheet in either an advanced view (plain CSS) or simple view (similar to what we have now).

It isn't in 1.4 at the moment because I'm concentrating on another important feature at the moment and we haven't finished planning out how we would like to build the front end of the theme editor.

This seems like a nice addition,i hope it makes skinning on mybb easier
Pages: 1 2 3