MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change databases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I have a website and i would like to connect the database of the forum to the database of the website. So i need to change the settings in a file so the forum can find the other tables.

I have one database with tables.
In that database are a lot of tables and one is called users; there you can find the username, password etc. Now i would connenct this database to the database of my forum but i cant find the file where i can change the settings of where search for the tables.

Does someone know the name of the document where i can change this settings? Please some help!

Greetzz rutje1
You need to replace all instances of TABLE_PREFIX."users" with "users". Make sure the "users" table has the exact format of the MyBB users table otherwise you will come across errors.
thanx for youre respons.

But where can i change this? Which document containts the instancess TABLE_PREFIX."users" ?? Is there a special document or can contain all documents contain this instances?

greetz rutje1
In case you only want to use the users table of that database then you need to change all of mybb quries which work with this table, in addition to that table should have somehow the same structure and the same way of handling the password unless you want to recode the user check functions.

However if you have another MyBB database you want to point to you can edit the config file, this file is located in ./inc/config.php