MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hiding Subforums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I was wondering how to hide subforums, but not ALL of them. I only want to hide some of them, how do I do that?

Thanks.
hiding from where ? is it from forums index page or forum display page ?
(09-05-2015, 02:46 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]hiding from where ? is it from forums index page or forum display page ?

So, I want it to show a couple of sub-forums under a Forum/Category, but I don't want them all to show on all of the forums, only to the ones that I set it to.
you can try using Hide Forums plugin
(09-05-2015, 03:54 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can try using Hide Forums plugin

Thanks. When I uploaded it to /inc/plugins. none of my plugins showed. How do I fix that?

Thanks!
^ hmm., it requires little fixing !
open the plugin file hideforums.php in editor like notepad++

on line 42 change &$edits to $edits

on line 38 remove $forums =
that is, complete line should be : 'search' => '$subforums = $sub_forums = \'\';',

also note: this plugin requires adding Plugin Library (it doesn't need installation)
(09-05-2015, 05:03 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ hmm., it requires little fixing !
open the plugin file hideforums.php in editor like notepad++

on line 42 change &$edits to $edits

on line 38 remove $forums =
that is, complete line should be : 'search' => '$subforums = $sub_forums = \'\';',

also note: this plugin requires adding Plugin Library (it doesn't need installation)

I did that and I still get the same message.
^ would you like to PM me temporary access to your forum files (ftp) & forum admin panel
note: I'll be online for about 20 minutes from now (up to GMT 1800)