MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick question regarding databases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all. A couple of days ago I downloaded and installed the latest version of MyBB and all seemed to go well. I've not come across any problems as yet and all is running as it seemingly should do Big Grin

However, I'm now having problems installing other applications to my server because it is saying the database already has a table called INDEX etc. I cannot create new databases through PHPMyAdmin because it says there are no permissions for me to do so....so, I was wondering....is there a way I can take everything from MyBB tables and put it into its own folder/table so that I can install other things to my database in their own folder/table (eg - MyBB would be in one folder, and another application in another so there would be no conflict between filenames)

Im a real noob at MySQL & PHP applications so im not even sure this is possible. However, if anyone knows how I can do this (or point me in the right direction via a link), I'd be extemley greatful

Thanks
drunk3nmunk3y
Basicly in databases there are databases and tables one database can handle many tables, those tables contain data according to fields and such. Each table as a name that is needed when you pass a query in php, and each table should have its unique name and unique structure. Moreover tables have what is called table prefix which is basicly a distinction for tables, for example if you have a table called ME and you tried to create another table called ME you can't but if you have a_ME and you want to create b_ME sure you can.

As a conclusion ONE database should handle different softwares, and in case one software by chance had the name of an existing table, you should make sure to use the table prefix so that you use an independent table and do not mix up or get errors.

MyBB has the option while installing to choose a table prefix for your tables, and i believe any other software should have.

Grouping all mybb tables in one table is impossible, and actually there are no folders in the sence of folders in databases, there are database.
On another note MyBB doesn't have a "index" table, so it's impossible MyBB is causing this error.