MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL Error, Banning problems, AHHHH!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I've been noticing that bans I've issued have not been lifting on their own. I set a 24 hour ban on a test account to test this, and here's what's been going on. Even when its been waaaaay past 24 hours, the ban has not lifted itself until the user attempts to log in (after the ban is over) or until I go into the ban panel (I don't do anything to the ban at all, I just look). Anyway, one strange thing additionally that I noticed is that when the test user signed into my forums after the ban was over, this showed up:

MySQL error: 1054
Unknown column 'usergroup' in 'field list'
Query: SELECT usergroup FROM mybb_usergroups WHERE gid='2' LIMIT 1

Anyone have an idea as to what's wrong? I still have MyBB 1.2.2. if that helps, would upgrading fix my problems?
Are you using the default banning system built into MyBB or using the Forum Warning System?
It sounds like you are using the default thing, but I just want to make sure...

Dr Small
Yep, its MyBB's Ban Panel.
I believe MyBB 1.2.3 had a rewritten ban function. Upgrade first please
I've upgraded. The MySQL error isn't there anymore, but bannings are still requiring either the previously banned user to log in or for me to go and look at the banned list in the ACP, for them to be lifted. I thought bans are supposed to lift themselves without anybody doing anything, right?
Oce the user logs in after the ban expires, the ban will be lifted, and the user be allowed to access the forum at the same time.

Effectively the ban is "lifted". The reason why this is done is so that we don't need another "random" event to check and lift bans (causes more stuff for the server to do).
Oh, thanks Dennis!

BTW, is it also normal for the ban times to be out of sync? When I banned the test account for a day, in the Ban Panel, it said that the ban would be lifted at 12:00AM, but in the Banned message the test account got, it said the ban would end at 2:00AM. (Yes, the test account and mine are set to the same timezone.)