MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Too much queries, too much memory used...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have my own forum based on mybb script. It has over 9000 users, 51000 posts and 7000 threads. Look at debug generated when i was browsing thread:
Quote:Generated in 0.6611981 seconds (16.65% PHP / 83.35% MySQL)
MySQL Queries: 100 / Global Parsing Time: 0.2499111 / Memory Usage: 2.83 MB
PHP version: 5.1.6 / Server Load: Unknown / GZip Compression: Enabled
Don't you think it is too much? 44 queries (of 100) are very simlar!
Quote:SELECT uid FROM mybb_banned WHERE uid='[user_id]'
This is unbelievable but my admin has closed my forum, because it takes over 80-100mbps when 120 users are online. I don't know if it is mybb script fault but i think mybb needs optimisation...
I know it's been said that the MyBB team is working to improve different areas that are a problem for large forums, my guess is this would be part of 1.4.

Are you on a shared server? With 120 users online you really need at least a VPS, that way it only uses the memory dedicated to you. Using a VPS or dedicated server would keep you from having your forum turned off and also would allow you to install optimization software that would help cut down the memory usage.

Marc
Quote:Don't you think it is too much? 44 queries (of 100) are very simlar!
That query isn't from a stock installation of MyBB.

One of your plugins is poorly written and causing this. Can you list the plugins you have installed?
marcgo15 Wrote:With 120 users online you really need at least a VPS, that way it only uses the memory dedicated to you.
What about around 1000 users online then?
Chris Boulton Wrote:Can you list the plugins you have installed?
- Ads after first post
- Users Viewing This Thread
- Clear Database
- Douple Post Auto Merger
- Forum Warning System
- Site News Plugin
- Private Messages Admin
- Private Message Report System
- Cannot send PM's To self
- Usergroup legends
- Welcome Message
Your best bet would be to deactivate your plugins one by one until you find out what plugin is causing the bad queries.
Hmm starting by Forum Warning System as it is the only one that deals with banned users i guess.
isecross Wrote:
marcgo15 Wrote:With 120 users online you really need at least a VPS, that way it only uses the memory dedicated to you.
What about around 1000 users online then?

You'd need a dedicated server for sure when you have 1000+ members on at any given time.